Call for Applications for Participation in the Uganda School of Internet Governance 2023
About the Uganda School of Internet Governance
The Uganda School of Internet Governance has since 2021 been an annual fellowship event organized by the Internet Society Uganda Chapter. The aim of the Uganda School of Internet Governance is to create a platform for young professionals and students from diverse sectors and backgrounds to acquire meaningful skills in order to participate in Internet Governance activities at local, national, regional and international levels. The school’s goal is to increase the number of Ugandan representatives in the international Internet Governance spaces and ecosystem. Since its roll out, the school is more inclined towards raising new Internet governance participants who will make great impacts in shaping the Internet in Uganda and beyond.
The Internet Society Uganda Chapter is calling for eligible Ugandans to be admitted in the 3rd School of Internet Governance that will take place from August 02 – 22, 2023.
The school seeks to increase the capacity of key stakeholders and potential actors in the local, regional and international internet governance space. Envisioned stakeholders include government, academia, media, civil society organisations, tech community, among others.
The school aims to specially:
- Increase participants understanding about internet governance
- Equip participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively participate in the internet governance discussions and forums at local, regional and international fora.
- Increase the mass of Ugandans contributing to the internet policy making in Uganda and globally
- Provide a space for networking opportunities for different stakeholders
The UgSIG will take place over a period of two weeks in hybrid format.
Participants will undertake self-paced online classes between August 02 – 20, 2023 and face -to- face workshops on August 21 -22, 2023.
The training will take a mix of lectures and interactive activities as participants get to listen to experts and practitioners devour different Internet governance topics.
The training will be conducted in English language.
Areas to be covered in the training include:
- Introduction to internet governance
- Main concepts in internet governance
- Internet governance processes and how to get involved
- Uganda’ internet policy, legal and regulatory frameworks
- Multi stakeholder engagement in global internet governance
- Call for applications opens: July 05, 2023
- Call for application closes: July 19, 2023.
- Notification of accepted applications: July 21, 2023
Please submit your application via https://forms.gle/C5D9ptm3ofXebPzJA
Note: Late submissions will not be accepted.